Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crash Course on Reading EKGs

So I'm taking a course this month so that I can learn to monitor EKGs. My first class is on Friday. Just scanning the textbook, I felt a bit overwhelmed. But I talked to lady who works doing that at the hospital and she said I could come to the monitor room after work and let her show me some stuff. Turned out, she gave me an hour and half lesson all about reading EKGs. A lot of it felt like it went over my head, but I took notes and feel like I learned a little at least. I think it will be good to go into class with at least a little info already rattling around in my head. It should be fun! I'm excited about Friday. :)

3 comments:

  1. I must say I envy you a bit - the medical feild has always fasinated me so your class sounds really cool. I'm sure you are going to do fine just keep that excited feeling. I look forward to hearing how the course goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are done with this mini course whats next? Are there more courses you can take? Do you think you'll go into a part of the medical field? I think it would be cool if you can take more courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I pass the test at the end of the course than I can apply to work monitoring EKGs. It might be cool to do something else in the medical field, but we'll see. I don't have much time to devote to school.

    ReplyDelete