Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cubicle Quotes

Office day today! And as it is slightly possible this was my last time cleaning offices at the hospital, I tried to really take it in. I have to admit the offices is one of my favorite areas to clean. I think this is not only because it doesn't get nearly as dirty as other areas, but everyone I'm cleaning around is generally very friendly. I see so many co-workers that you basically never see in patient areas. It kind of adds a whole other layer to the hospital that I didn't have a clue existed when I first started here.

Something I find amusing as I clean offices is the many signs or pictures people have in their work area displaying "words of wisdom". Here is a sampling of ones that I saw:

"If you can laugh together, you can work together."

"If you are good, but don't know why you are good, you are not good and likely cannot stay good."

"If you cannot laugh at yourself, I will be happy to do it for you."

"Few men have virtue enough to resist the highest bidder." (This one is really strange to me...)

"I'm a real optimist. I think people are half FULL of crap."

"I am Woman. I am invincible. I am tired."

"I spend my day snacking and surfing the internet for a good job. Luckily, my boss hasn't noticed yet."

4 comments:

  1. These are super! I think my two favorites are #3 and #6 though #5 really made me laugh - hehe - still does. I don't get the highest bidder either so you are not alone there. I think I may put #3 on the bullentin board in my office... thanks for the chuckle and I REALLY hope this was your last time cleaning there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really funny! I can imagine they help people get though long days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amusing. The one about the highest bidder... What it means to me is that few men have virtue enough to remain true to their loyalties in the face of a more tempting offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could make you all laugh! Thanks for the insight, Catalyst. I guess that make sense.

    ReplyDelete