Thursday, November 3, 2011

Drug Seekers

I'd heard of them, but never really realized what they were like until we recently had one at the hospital. I'm sure they show up there often, I had just never been exposed to what they were like. The RN told me that patient had basically been banned from another nearby hospital. If he showed up there he would get arrested for trespassing because he was know for seeking drugs. Every time he would wake up even the slightest bit, he was calling for more pain medicine. Sometimes he would be knocked out again before the nurse could even get into his room. That's how drugged up he was. I can't imagine what would drive a person to be like that. Seems like such a miserable existence. They must be living a miserable existence to want that. It just reminds me how much I can't wait for all such problems to be gone forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment